Describing the earth as a sphere
Identifying (using skeletal globe and locate (using real globe) and appreciating the followings:
- North and South poles
- Latitude Meridian and - equator
- Parallel of latitude
- Radius of parallel of latitude
- Radius of the earth.
Solving problems on longitude and latitude
What you'll learn
- Joint venture account
- Earth as a sphere
- Identification of:
- - North and South poles
- - Longitudes
- - Latitudes
- - Small circles and great circles
- - Meridian and equator Parallel of latitude
- - Radius of parallel of latitude Radius of Earth.
- Revision of: arc length of a curve
- Calculations of distance between two points on the earth.
- Knotical rules, time variation